Since 1993 I have worked at HIGP on a variety of NASA research, educational, and public outreach projects related to meteorites and the exploration of the Moon, Mars, and asteroids.
Team member on projects covering:
- The petrologic evolution of the Moon (quantitative X-ray diffraction analyses of lunar regolith)
- Differentiation and resource potential of the Moon (lab and remote sensing data)
- Geochemical mapping of the surfaces of the Moon and Mars using orbital remote sensing data (image processing and multivariate classification mapping)
Education and Public Outreach:
- Cofounder of Planetary Science Research Discoveries educational web journal
- Writer and web coder/designer for HIGP, the Hawaii Space Grant Consortium, and other NASA-funded programs in remote sensing and cosmochemistry
- NASA Publication Exploring the Moon: A Teacher’s Guide with Activities for Earth and Space Sciences (EG-1997-10-116-HQ)
- Hawaiʻi teacher-training workshops in planetary geology.
- Outreach projects to help advance the public’s understanding of planetary science and space resource utilization.
- Recipient of 2018 Service Award of the Meteoritical Society.